As I have been prepping everything for Christmas morning, I pulled out my mother’s recipe for sticky buns. It’s a cheater type recipe that is really easy to throw together. I decided to go ahead and share it with everyone. Enjoy!! There is a printable PDF here: Overnight Sticky Buns
What you need:
1 Package Frozen Parkerhouse Rolls
1 Package Instant Butterscotch Pudding Mix
1 Stick Butter
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
Optional: 1 Cup Nuts
1 Bundt Pan
The night before:
1. Oil the Bundt pan (I prefer coconut oil spray).
2. Arrange the rolls in the pan.
3. Sprinkle half of the butterscotch pudding over the rolls.
4. In a small saucepan, combine the butter, sugar, and cinnamon until melted and bubbling.
5. Drizzle the melted mixture over the rolls.
6. Cover the pan with plastic wrap and place in the cold oven overnight to let the rolls rise.
7. In the morning, remove the plastic wrap and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Robin’s Easy Gravy
¼ cup flour
¼ cup butter
½ teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon Sea Salt
2 cups pan drippings
Chicken broth (just in case there aren’t enough drippings)
Strain the drippings and reserve. (I strain using the whisk using a slow and steady hand, but if you want super smooth gravy, strain through cheese cloth or fine mesh).
Melt the butter in a sauce pan. Slowly add the flour, whisking until it becomes a thick roux. After the roux is smooth, add the salt and pepper.
Slowly whisk in the drippings. Once it starts to bubble, continue to whisk until it reaches desired thickness. If it becomes too thick, you may thin the gravy with broth.
Recipe by author Robin Woods
Here is a printable PDF: Gravy