The Short Bio
Robin Woods is a former high school and university instructor with two and a half decades of experience teaching English, literature, and writing. She earned a BA in English and an MA in Education.
In addition to teaching, she has published six highly-rated novels, an award winning creative writing workbook series, and has multiple projects in the works.
When Ms. Woods isn’t chasing her two school kids around, she’s spending time with her ever-patient husband.
Want More Information?
Not enough info to write an unauthorized biography (I’m cracking myself up #ThingsThatWillNeverHappen). Well, I will do what any respectable author would do. Make a list. (Pushing up sleeves, adjusting glasses, and fixing my face with determination).
- My hair is not as red as it is in the picture (Thanks magical photo filter. My hair is naturally auburn, though, and my eyes hazel. blink. blink.)
- I have an addiction to fun socks. Yep, I am that devastatingly cool. I have socks with cats, Shakespeare, cats on books, Edgar Allan Poe, cats with glasses, and more. It’s a problem. If you find cats with laser beams let me know.
- Over the years, I have taught many subjects, but my specialty is American and British Literature. Consequently, I mix my American and British spelling up sometimes.
- I hold a BA in English (with a minor in Theology) and a MA in Instructional Technology. If there’s a school who will award a PhD for lighthearted sass, please forward the application.
- I have won multiple awards for photography. The photo prompts in my Prompt Me Series are all original. Those books are a blend of my three passions: photography, writing, and teaching.
- I believe kindness is the best policy. Really. (But I don’t believe in letting people walk all over me either. Face punch).
- Empire Strikes Back is the best Star Wars film.
- I was born and raised in California’s Silicon Valley. I will always have a special place in my heart for that area. But, in late 2018, my family and I moved to the Oregon Coast to be closer to family.
- Everyone should have a bucket list. Complete it and start another.
- I like windy days even though my hair gets tangled.
- Travel is one of my true joys. I have managed to make it to Canada, Mexico, South Africa, England, Scotland, Ireland, Germany, Belgium, France, Luxembourg, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, and Romania. (Each trip, I had to exist on a meal a day and granola bars, but it was worth it!)
- While in Romania, I visited one of Vlad the Impaler’s castles (the real Dracula). Don’t worry, I escaped unscathed.
- I tried to write my first novel at age 11. It was a sprawling Sci-Fi Fantasy with a huge cast of characters. I spent hours sketching and designing clothes for my villainess. (No wonder I never finished).
- Coffee is a way of life. Not just a drink.
- I spent half my life doing theatre and got to perform in the Fringe Festival in Scotland.
- For 19 years, I worked a side job as the Resident Hair & Make Up Designer for a local theatre.
- When I was younger, the kids in the neighborhood would play Batman and Robin. I always had to be Robin. I wanted to be Wonder Woman (I had my mother make me a lasso).
- I hide my inner nerd by doing things like jumping out of planes, bungee jumping, ATVing, and swimming under waterfalls. And recently, I got to drive two types of tractors–so fun!
- Me in five words: bookish, girly, tomboy, upbeat, & adventurer.
- Be the best you that you can be. Surround yourself with people who are better than you, will call you on your crap, and make you stretch as a person. Make your life count.
You still here? Wow. I’m impressed. If you want other random information, a link to interviews is below. Click for my favorite interviews.