My Twitter Rules
2. Be a generous retweeter.
3. Follow people back (the real people, not the robots).
4. Do NOT Direct Message (DM) people unless you have a question specifically for that person–not even to say thanks for following. Thank people publicly (you may get retweeted and pick up more followers, too).
5. Have some “retweet bait.” You need non-threatening tweets that people can retweet while they get to know you: quotes, giveaways, writing advice articles, trivia, etc.
6. Tweet something personal. This does not mean over-sharing (you can keep your toenail fungus to yourself). You should however, share updates on your writing (like your new word count), or if we should go see the movie you just watched. Humorous events are always faves.
7. Use a picture of yourself for your profile. People want to connect with a real person, not an emblem or avatar.
Now go forth and tweet…without offending everyone out in the Twitterverse 🙂
For more tips, check out my FOR WRITERS page: https://robinwoodsfiction.com/for-writers/
Do you have any Twitter tips? Loves? Hates?