It’s actually happening! This is my first post-COVID appearance and I can’t wait! (Insert happy dance here). If you want to escape too the amazingly beautiful Oregon Coast (where you can hike the Hobbit Trail, visit lighthouses, and ATV on the dunes that inspired Frank Herbert) you are in luck!
When and Where
The Florence Festival of Books
Date: September 24th, 2022.
Time: 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Address: 715 Quince St, Florence, OR, United States
Come and join me at the event center to get your books signed and meet other amazing authors at the Florence Events Center.
I’m sharing a table with the fabulous R.M. Seidler who writes fantasy novels with a time traveling twist.
More to Do
Make it a long weekend and add some other activities to your list. See below.
My Favorite Activities in Florence
- Florence Festival of Books
- Historic Old Town Florence
- Take your pic near the bridge (and under it…see my Instagram pic below)
- Heceta Head Lighthouse
- Sweet Creek Falls Trail
- Hobbit Trail
- Cape Perpetua Scenic Area (with Thor’s Well and Devil’s Churn)
- Grab a hot chocolate at the Driftwood Shores Market and go for a walk on the beach
- Coffee at River Roasters (Several chapters of Storm & Solace were written here!)
- Tour the dunes on a sand rail or giant dune buggy
- Rent a kayak and explore dozens of lakes and rivers (Renting from Westlake Resort for the Siltcoos Outlet is a fave)
- Eat amazing food at Waterfront Depot (Crab Encrusted Halibut), Restobar (Pastrami Reuben), or Novelli’s (Crab Chowder). Soooooo many good restaurants! Did I mention pot roast mac n’ cheese from Nosh?