Have you ever wanted to sit in on one of my writing classes? Well, here is your chance. I’m going to be at the Florence Festival of Books on Saturday, September 23rd. Join me at my author appearance and writing workshop.
Take My Workshop
I’m going to be teaching a workshop entitled “The Dynamic Dozen: Tips for Your Writing Toolbox” where I will give you a host of ways to upgrade your writing. They are easy and fun and will help you hook your readers.
All the information you need is here: https://florencefestivalofbooks.com/info/
Get Your Books Signed
I will also have a table at the event, so you can meet me, buy books, and get them signed. Think about all the early Christmas gifts you can squirrel away. 😀
Florence, Oregon is a gem on the coast and there are lots of things to do after the event, so come for the whole weekend. See below for ideas.
Get My New Book
I will also have copies of my brand new book, Prompt Me Kids: Creative Writing Activity Book. I’m so proud of this book. It’s packed with writing exercises, illustrations to color, journaling activities, and even some kids coping skills. Pick up your copy today. https://amzn.to/3L7pVTS
This book works for young at heart adults too, so don’t be shy.
My Favorite Activities in Florence
- Florence Festival of Books
- Historic Old Town Florence
- Take your pic near the bridge (and under it…see my Instagram pic below)
- Heceta Head Lighthouse
- Sweet Creek Falls Trail
- Hobbit Trail
- Cape Perpetua Scenic Area (with Thor’s Well and Devil’s Churn)
- Grab a hot chocolate at the Driftwood Shores Market and go for a walk on the beach
- Coffee at River Roasters (Several chapters of Storm & Solace were written here!)
- Tour the dunes on a sand rail or giant dune buggy
- Rent a kayak and explore dozens of lakes and rivers (Renting from Westlake Resort for the Siltcoos Outlet is a fave)
- Eat amazing food at Waterfront Depot (Crab Encrusted Halibut), Hukilau (Mango Chicken), Restobar (Pastrami Reuben), or Novelli’s (Crab Chowder). Soooooo many good restaurants! Did I mention pot roast mac n’ cheese from Nosh?
See you there!