The Short Bio
Robin Woods is a former high school and university instructor with two and a half decades of experience teaching English, literature, and writing. She earned a BA in English and an MA in education.
In addition to teaching, she has published six highly rated novels and has multiple projects in the works, including writing for a Hollywood producer.
When Ms. Woods isn’t chasing her two elementary school kids around, she’s spending time with her ever-patient husband.
Want More Information?
Not enough info to write an unauthorized biography (I’m cracking myself up #ThingsThatWillNeverHappen). Well, I will do what any respectable author would do. Make a list. (Pushing up sleeves, adjusting glasses, and fixing my face with determination).
- My hair is not as red as it is in the picture (Thanks magical photo filter. My hair is naturally auburn, though, and my eyes hazel. blink. blink.)
- I have an addiction to fun socks. Yep, I am that devastatingly cool. I have socks with cats, Shakespeare, cats on books, Edgar Allan Poe, cats with glasses, and more. It’s a problem. If you find cats with laser beams let me know.
- Over the years, I have taught many subjects, but my specialty is American and British Literature. Consequently, I mix my American and British spelling up sometimes.
- I hold a BA in English (with a minor in Theology) and a MA in Instructional Technology. If there’s a school who will award a PhD for lighthearted sass, please forward the application.
- I have won multiple awards for photography. The photo prompts in my Prompt Me Series are all original. Those books are a blend of my three passions: photography, writing, and teaching.
- I believe kindness is the best policy. Really. (But I don’t believe in letting people walk all over me either. Face punch).
- Empire Strikes Back is the best Star Wars film.
- I was born and raised in California’s Silicon Valley. I will always have a special place in my heart for that area. But, in late 2018, my family and I moved to the Oregon Coast to be closer to family.
- Everyone should have a bucket list. Complete it and start another.
- I like windy days even though my hair gets tangled.
- Travel is one of my true joys. I have managed to make it to Canada, Mexico, South Africa, England, Scotland, Ireland, Germany, Belgium, France, Luxembourg, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, and Romania. (Each trip, I had to exist on a meal a day and granola bars, but it was worth it!)
- While in Romania, I visited one of Vlad the Impaler’s castles (the real Dracula). Don’t worry, I escaped unscathed.
- I tried to write my first novel at age 11. It was a sprawling Sci-Fi Fantasy with a huge cast of characters. I spent hours sketching and designing clothes for my villainess. (No wonder I never finished).
- Coffee is a way of life. Not just a drink.
- I spent half my life doing theatre and got to perform in the Fringe Festival in Scotland.
- For 19 years, I worked a side job as the Resident Hair & Make Up Designer for a local theatre.
- When I was younger, the kids in the neighborhood would play Batman and Robin. I always had to be Robin. I wanted to be Wonder Woman (I had my mother make me a lasso).
- I hide my inner nerd by doing things like jumping out of planes, bungee jumping, ATVing, and swimming under waterfalls. And recently, I got to drive two types of tractors–so fun!
- Me in five words: bookish, girly, tomboy, upbeat, & adventurer.
- Be the best you that you can be. Surround yourself with people who are better than you, will call you on your crap, and make you stretch as a person. Make your life count.
You still here? Wow. I’m impressed. If you want other random information, a link to interviews is below. Click for my favorite interviews.